I continued working on the beta version of freeCodeCamp until they made some changes and it was no longer beta. There was no option to update/add my email address to the account I was using with my old username, so I had to email them. We’ll see what they say.
Projects I Worked On
Island of Aloha
Purpose: This is a new personal site for all things non-development, with a focus on Hawai’i and recipes.
Progress: The site went live this month and I’ve moved about half the recipes over from the old site.
Purpose: A WordPress plugin that will allow me to easily share a new coffee mug every Monday.
Progress: The initial “Mug Monday” custom post type has been created. There are only a couple more adjustments to make and I’ll be able to start using the plugin.
Project Goals for The Month
- Island of Aloha [Website].
- Finish transferring remaining posts from my Household Discoveries website to Island of Aloha.
- The site officially launches on King Kamehameha Day, June 11.
- Mug Monday [Plugin].
- The plugin is almost working. It’s adding a “Mug Monday” category and “Coffee” tag to all posts, regardless of whether it is a Mug Monday post type.
- I have a few other minor tweaks and this should be finished up.
- PRT Tracker [Plugin].
- The plugin will allow me to track my workouts that will help improve my Physical Readiness Test (PRT) score in the Navy Reserve.
- Blogging. My initial goal is to start with one post every 2nd Tuesday of the month and see how that goes. Once I get a couple months out, I may bump that up to two posts per month.
- WordPress.org Support Forums. I haven’t been able to spend much time providing support lately, but I hope to get back into that. I miss it. My goal is to spend at least 30 minutes each day in the forums.
- freeCodeCamp. I had to email freeCodeCamp as I was unable to get my email address added/updated for the account I was using when I working on beta.freecodecamp.org. Hopefully it won’t take too long to get figured out (and I won’t have to start completely from scratch). Once that gets sorted out, I’ll start working on freeCodeCamp again.
- #100DaysOfCode. They say the best way to learn something is by doing. I had previously started the challenge – and did it most of May – but it wasn’t working out with my schedule. I’m going to make some adjustments so it works for me.
I’m just about done with a separate post on this and I will be sharing it on Monday, June 4.