Aloha and welcome! GeoffreyShilling.com is intended for me, our family, and others like ours. We’re busy and want to maximize our time. The less time we spend on chores and basic tasks, the more time we have for fun and to enjoy life.
I’ve been working on my priorities and goals by creating a life plan using Living Forward, by Michael Hyatt and Daniel Harkavy. The process gets pretty intimate with your current situation. It has you set your top priorities and where they are now vs where you want them to be. This has changed how I’m doing things online.
What to Expect
- Recipes & Cooking. Everything from weekly meal planning and meal prep to some of our favorite recipes, like our Hawaiian-Style Loco Moco. Goals:
- Build a library of recipes our family loves, in a centralized location.
- Build a library of meal plans, either broken down by week or month that we can rotate in and out. These can also be seasonal.
- Make it easier for our kids to find recipes. I have the kids each pick out one recipe every week. They become the “head chef” and everyone else is their assistants, as needed.
- Save time and money by meal planning and preparing.
- Live Aloha. “Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others.” -Philippians 2:4.
A short and simple passage. Be nice and think about others. Although it’s important to take care of ourselves, it’s also important to take care of others. I am a strong believer in life is what you make of it. If you have positive thoughts and do good things, you will be happier.
- Cleaning & Organization. Most people don’t like cleaning and making sure things stay organized, but it still needs to get done. Let’s find the best way to tackle it. Goals:
- Save time and money.
- Create a checklist to ensure everything gets cleaned.
- Create a list of cleaning tips or solutions that we’ve tried and have worked for us.
- Life in General. This is everything that doesn’t fit into another category. You’ll see a mix of general life experiences and parenting.
- Reviews. I have a list of recommended products and services on my resources page. I will be writing some reviews of those items and other things we use.
- Hawaiʻi. If you know me, you know I’ve very passionate about Hawaiʻi. I had created a Hawaiʻi website back in college. The site isn’t online right now, but I still have the files and plan to add some of that along with some new content.
- Now. This is a page I created to share what I’m currently spending my time on.
Get in Touch
Want to share some of your favorite recipes or talk about your goals for 2020? I’d love to hear from you!