Hawaiian-Style Portuguese Fried Rice
- 12 ounces Portuguese sausage 12 ounce package of smoked sausage works
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons green onions 3-4 stalks
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cups white rice cooked
- 3 tablespoons shoyu soy sauce
- 2-1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Dice sausage and cook until browned; drain and set aside.
Scramble the eggs, breaking them into small pieces as they cook; set aside.
Dice green onions; set aside.
Heat sesame oil over medium-low burner.
Add rice, shoyu, and oyster sauce; mix until rice is evenly coated.
Stir in sausage, eggs, and green onions; mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- This is hands down my favorite fried rice recipe that I’ve had. It’s absolutely ‘ono (delicious)!
- You can usually find oyster sauce and sesame oil in the ethnic food isle at the grocery store. Wal-Mart has them in their “Asian” section.
- This is my take on the original recipe: ONO Hawaiian-Style Fried Rice Recipe.