Sprite Lasagna Recipe
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 2 hours
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1-3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper divided
- 2 cans 28 ounces tomatoes
- 1 can 15 ounces tomato juice
- 1 can 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup Sprite
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups parsley
- 18 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 tablespoons parmesean cheese
- 1 box 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 1 can 4 ounces mushrooms
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat; cook until browned.
- Sitr in oregano, basil, bay leaf, half the salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and Sprite.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 60 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, remaining salt, and pepper; beat until smooth.
- Stir in the parsley, 12 ounces of mozzarella cheese, and 4 tablespoons parmesean cheese; set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles as directed on the package.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 7×12-inch baking dishes.
- Remove the bay leaf from the meat sauce.
- Spread a little meat sauce in the bottom of each pan.
- Layer noodles, cheese mixture, and meat sauce in the pans, ending with sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesean cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 45-60 minutes.
- Let set 5 minutes before serving.