SPAM Musubi Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 slices SPAM half a 12 ounce can
- 3 ounces cooked white rice seasoned with furikake and toasted sesame seeds (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon sweet ginger sesame sauce or Sam Choy’s cooking sauce Optional
- 2 strips nori
- In a medium skillet, cook SPAM until lightly browned
- Place 1/2 of rice into musubi press; I used my empty SPAM can.
- Drizzle with grill sauce or cooking sauce. Top with slice of SPAM and gently press down.
- Remove SPAM and rice from musubi press; if you used the can, flip it over, squeeze the end together slightly, and tap on the bottom.
- Place nori shiny-side-down. Set SPAM/rice on top and carefully wrap nori around to form a ring; apply a small amount of water if the nori does not stick well.
- Serve immediately.
I doubled the recipe and was able to fill 3 metal pie pans with the mixture. Original Recipe: SPAM’s SPAM Musubi.