GitHub Repo: Aloha Friday Words.
As you may have caught on to by now, I’m very passionate about everything Hawai’i-related. Although I may not fully learn the language, one of my goals is to continually become more and more familiar with it.
This will be fun and useful, but I don’t have a ton of time to spend on it.
- Allow me to easily share a new Hawaiian word, its definition, and an example use of the word every Friday (for Aloha Friday).
- Create a new post type using a Gutenberg template.
- The plugin should automatically create the title without me manually changing anything.
- Example title: Aloha Friday – Week of October 1, 2018
- This is likely something I will batch process, meaning I will schedule a number of these posts at a time. I don’t want to have to figure out what week is next. The plugin should automatically create the title based on the last Aloha Friday title used.
- Automatically add the “Aloha Friday” category (and create it with a description if it doesn’t exist).
- Automatically add the “Hawai’i” tag (and create it with a description if it doesn’t exist).
- Add the custom post type to the main query so they show up with the rest of my posts.
- Automatically set the featured image if I don’t set it manually.