The new GeoffreyShilling.com is more of a static homepage, at least once I get things finalized over the next month or two. Some things about me are that I:
- am a Christian that believes everything happens for a reason. #LiveAloha
- have two amazing children. They are my world.
- work full-time as a firefighter and also volunteer on another department.
- am Hawaiian-at-heart. My grandparents took me for their 50th wedding anniversary when I was barely a teenager and I was instantly hooked. Big Island nō ka ʻoi!
- created my first website in the late 1990’s using HTML and CSS. Remember Geocities? I try not to, either.
- earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems.
- bought my kids their domain names when they were ages two and eight. Every parent does that, right?
- spent five years active duty with the United States Navy, stationed on a submarine out of Pearl Harbor, Hawaiʻi.
- spent almost 10 years in the Navy Reserve, hopefully completing my service this year. I’m finishing up as an Electronics Technician, First Class.
- have more hobbies than I do time. My list of interests is extensive, but some of my favorite things to do include running, ducking (Jeeps), hiking, camping, cooking, Geocaching, and almost anything else outdoors.