Down-Home Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound 8 ounces Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni cooked
- 1/2 cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Ritz Crackers crushed (about 1/4 cup)
HEAT oven to 350 F.
MELT 3 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Add Velveeta; cook 3 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.
SPOON into 2-quart casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with Cheddar. Melt remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
BAKE 20 minutes ot until heated through.
Original recipe: From the inside of a box of Velveeta Cheese.