I had previously started the #100DaysOfFitness challenge on June 11. I was meeting my goals but decided that wasn’t enough. I signed up for Beach Body on Demand (BOD) and started P90X3 on Tuesday, July 24. With the addition of BOD, I reset the #100DaysOfFitness counter to 0. It took me a while to post something because we’ve had a first responder course and a number of other things taking a lot of time the last month.
I don’t consider myself that out of shape, but I’m not where I want to be. The command fitness leader (CFL) for our Navy Reserve unit may be switching units, leaving us without an enlisted person in that position. I’d like to step up and fill the role, but that means I need an “excellent-low” score on my next physical readiness test (PRT). I have been getting various stages of “good” on my last few tests, so I have to work on that. In order for me to get an excellent on the PRT, I need to achieve the following results:
- 1.5-mile run in 12:33
- 60 push-ups in 2 minutes
- 78 curl-ups in 2 minutes
I find running to be extremely relaxing. I’d go for a 10-mile run every day if I could. The hardest part for me is finding time and now I’m throwing in P90X3 on top of that. That may seem like an odd thing to do at first. Then you think about what I’m doing by adding something else. It actually makes perfect sense.
“Action expresses priorities.”
I saw a quote attributed to Mahatma Gandhi – “Action expresses priorities.” It’s only three words long, but it sure says a lot. If something really is one of your priorities, you find a way. You make a way. For me this meant shifting around my schedule. Fitness is no longer something I fit in where I can, I have intentionally put it on my calendar every day.
Updated #100DaysOfFitness Rules
For this challenge, a week will begin on Monday and end on Sunday; the exception is that I started on a Tuesday. Every week, I want to:
- Take at least 84,000 steps (this averages out to 12,000 per day).
- This may change as I see how my steps are affected by doing P90X3 in place of some of my runs.
- Workout at least 6 days using P90X3
- Post my weekly progress (starting September 3), to possibly include:
- Running Distance.
- Running Time.
- Body measurements
- Other, such as physical activities not specifically being tracked.
- Steps taken as calculated by my FitBit.
- Share my daily progress on Instagram.
- This may include a photo, how many steps I’ve taken, and what workouts I completed.
- Daily progress will be posted for the previous day so I can get an accurate total for my number of steps. Example: My steps and workout for August 20 will be posted on August 21.
- I’ll be using the #100DaysOfFitness hashtag along with anything else that fits for the day.
Before: Day 0, July 23, 2018.
- Weight: 199 lbs
- Chest: 38-1/4″
- Waist: 34-1/4″
- Hips: 36-1/4″
- Right Thigh: 22-1/8″
- Left Thigh: 22″
- Right Arm: 12-7/8″
- Left Arm: 13″
On your mark, get set, go!
Have you started you own fitness routine? What are you doing to get in shape or maintain where you are? What are your goals? I’d love for you to let me know in the comments or on Instagram!